A lot of worried pet owners called our Danielson, Connecticut veterinary hospital today, concerned about the news regarding Beneful. As always, Drs. Lambert and Blakeslee want to make sure you are informed about your pet’s health!
Here are 6 fast facts to help you make an educated decision about your pet’s food.
1. A class action lawsuit has been filed against Purina, specifically related to their Beneful brand of dog food. You can read more about the lawsuit here, and read Purina’s response here.
2. Beneful has NOT been recalled at this time (2/25/15), according to the American Veterinary Medical Association. Click here to search for any recalled foods or treats.
3. If you feel that your pet has become sick due eating ANY brand of food, you can contact the FDA by calling 800-778-7462 or visiting http://www.fda.gov/cvm/petfoods.htm.
4. If you would like to have an appointment with Drs. Lambert or Blakeslee to discuss your pet’s nutritional plan, you can click here to schedule online.
5. All of the pet food our veterinary practice carries comes with a MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. If you are worried about the food you are currently feeding, you can try any of the foods we have at our practice. If your pet doesn’t like the food, you can simply return it for a full refund.
6. Dog treats seem to get recalled very frequently. You can always use fruits and veggies as treats for your dog to supplement their regular diet. Here’s a list of safe fruits and veggies for your pet.
We know that all of the pet food recalls are scary. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
DISCLAIMER: This blog is not meant to take the place of individualized veterinary advice. Contact a trusted veterinarian if you have any concerns regarding your pet.